NARFE National Web Site:  CSFC Web Site:

Board Minutes

Chapter Officers

Check list for passing

Committee Members


Meeting Menu

Meeting Minutes

Myths and Truths


President's Message

Reporting a Death

Retiree DOD ID Badge

Web Master

Web Sites

You Are Invited


Effective immediately, the CO of Naval Base Ventura County (NBVC) has authorized the use of NBVC Morale Welfare Recreation (MWR) facilities by DOD civilian retirees.  To take advantage of this benefit, retired DOD civilians will have to obtain a civilian DOD retiree identification badge from PSD.

Suggest you make an appointment at

Retirees can go to the Sunkist gate on Ventura Road and have:

Form 50

Car Registration

Proof of Insurance

The Pass & Identification Office will give you a temporary ID and 1 day pass to go to bldg 1169 Room 1600. 

Their you will have to have:

Form 50

Two ID's.  Driver Licenses, Social Security Card, Medicare ID (Not Credit Cards)

Once you get your ID card (which has a 8 year expiration date) then you will go back to the Pass & Identification Office to get your 1 year base decal for one vehicle.

The DOD civilian retiree card should not be obtained if you are entitled to benefits under another category.  i.e. military retirees, dependents, etc.  The card is NOT intended to be a second or third DOD identification. 

A complete list of available MWR facilities and their operation hours is listed below:

Click on the following link for MWR Facilities, Port Hueneme that you will have access to.

Click on the following link for MWR Facilities, Point Mugu that you will have access to.

Base access with passengers without Retiree ID Card:

Suggest you print this document and have with you when going on base without all having retiree ID card.